Subsidized students meals (Students coupons)
Slovenia is the only country in Europe with the coupons systems. This means that you can eat a nice student meal in certain restaurants in Maribor or everywhere in Slovenia for 3 EUR on average. The rest of the meal's price is subsidized by the Slovenian Government.
The system is digitalized and you have two options: you can use your mobile phone with a Slovenian number (you will be able to get a SIM card from ESN Maribor or mobile operator shops) or you order a special card which costs 15 EUR and you receive it within 5 working days.
At the registration you’ll receive an activation number to active your account on www.studentska-prehrana.si. You can check how many coupons you have, where you have already eaten, etc.
In the restaurant, call 1808 (it is a free number, so it works also if you don’t have any credit on your mobile phone) and show your ID.
If you order a drink or a meal that exceeds the price of the subsidized meal, you need to pay the price difference.
You can eat 2 meals per day with 4 hours interval between meals. The prices of meals differ from restaurant to restaurant, their location and meals they offer. For some coupons you can get a sandwich or a hamburger and for others a whole meal with soup, main dish, salad and dessert.
You can find the list of the restaurants at: www.studentska-prehrana.si/Pages/Directory.aspx.
Procedure of registration:
- You get an EMŠO at your faculty.
- Register on the website www.studentska-prehrana.si Write down the number at the end of registration.
- Make sure your mobile phone is unlocked and you’ve got a Slovenian SIM card (you can get it at the ESN Maribor office).
- To activate your phone or to order the card, go to Gosposvetska 86
- Go for a tasty meal in a restaurant.